Introduction - Holly Gaff

1. Holly D Gaff

Hello all,

I look forward to participating in the Workshop next week. I am a professor in Biological Sciences at Old Dominion University (which is just up the road from W&M). I have been involved in math and quantitative biology education for more than 25 years starting when I arrived in Knoxville where I earned my PhD in Mathematics under the direction of Lou Gross. My PhD student, Lexi White, is attending with me this year. 

I teach epidemiology and a variety of other quantitative biology classes. Recently, I have gotten involved in authentic research experiences for our intro biology courses. I look forward to getting new ideas of how to get students to better use the vast quantities of data that I have them creating!

My research interests are all about ticks and tick-borne diseases. I am happy to talk for hours about that. I will be in and out some next week doing field work. Let me know if you want to join me! 

I have participated in a variety of ways in BioQuest and QUBES workshops over the past many years. They are always wonderful experiences of like-minded people who are an incredible resource for networking and friendship.

See you soon!

Report abuse

2. Tanya Josek

Hi Holly!

I look forward to chatting with you again!

Report abuse