Find information on common questions and issues.
Check on the status of your correspondences with members of the QUBES team.
Using Undergraduate Molecular Biology Labs to Discover Targets of miRNAs in Humans
04 Jan 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Adam Idica1, Jordan Thompson1, Irene Munk Pedersen1, Pavan Kadandale1
University of California, Irvine
In this lesson, we describe an easily adaptable lab module that can be used in existing undergraduate molecular biology lab courses to conduct authentic scientific research, published in CourseSource
Teaching RNAseq at Undergraduate Institutions: A tutorial and R package from the Genome Consortium for Active Teaching
By Mark Phillip Peterson1, Jacob T Malloy2, Vincent P Buonaccorsi2, James H Marden3
1. Viterbo University 2. Juniata College 3. Pennsylvania State University
This lesson plan was created to teach RNAseq analysis as a part of GCAT-SEEK network. It is provided here, both in finished form and with the modifiable source code, to allow flexible adaptation to...
The Ames Test
03 Jan 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Nathan Goodson-Gregg, Elizabeth A. De Stasio
Introduction to the Ames Test, published as GSA Learning Resource
Bioinformatics - Investigating Sequence Similarity
04 Dec 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Adam Kleinschmit1, Benita Brink1, Steven Roof2, Carlos Christopher Goller3, Sabrina Robertson3
1. Adams State University 2. Fairmont State University 3. North Carolina State University
This laboratory module, leads introductory biology students in the exploration of a basic set of bioinformatics concepts and tools.
Complete Set of Lessons
01 Nov 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Anne Rosenwald1, Gaurav Arora2, Vinayak Mathur3
1. Georgetown University 2. Gallaudet University 3. Cabrini University
The Genome Solver Project began as a way to teach faculty some basic skills in bioinformatics - no coding or scripting. These Lessons also work well in the undergraduate classroom, culminating with...
Using DNA Subway to Analyze Sequence Relationships
28 May 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Jason Williams1, Ray A. Enke2, Oliver Hyman2, Emily Lescak3, Sam S Donovan4, William Tapprich5, Elizabeth F Ryder6
1. DNA Learning Center 2. The Department of Biology, James Madison University; The Center for Genome & Metagenome Studies, James Madison University 3. University of Alaska 4. University of Pittsburgh 5. University of Nebraska-Omaha 6. Worcester Polytechnic Institute
This is a bioinformatics exercise using the DNA Subway Blue Line, a user-friendly pipeline of bioinformatics tools, to analyze a collection of mosquito DNA bar-code sequences.
18 Oct 2017 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Jason Williams
DNA Learning Center
This is a bioinformatics exercise using DNA Subway
05 Jul 2017 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Adam Kleinschmit1, Benita Brink1, Steven Roof2, Komal Vig3, Carlos Christopher Goller4, Sabrina Robertson5
1. Adams State University 2. Hampshire College 3. Alabama State University 4. North Carolina State University 5. NC State
05 Jun 2017 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Adam Kleinschmit1, Benita Brink1, Steven Roof2, Komal Vig3
1. Adams State University 2. Hampshire College 3. Alabama State University
31 Jan 2017 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):