Find information on common questions and issues.
Check on the status of your correspondences with members of the QUBES team.
Meghan C Ferrall-Fairbanks
QB@CC Poster for NABT 2020
24 Nov 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Jennifer Glee Buntz1, Joseph Esquibel2, Kristin Jenkins3, Vedham Karpakakunjaram4, Jillian Marie Miller5, Christianne Baucom Nieuwsma6, Heather Seitz7, John Howard Starnes8
1. Central New Mexico Community College 2. University of Wisconsin - Madison, Madison College 3. BioQUEST 4. Montgomery College 5. Roane State Community College 6. South Mountain Community College 7. Johnson County Community College 8. Southcentral Kentucky Community and Technical College
This is a poster presentation at the 2020 NABT Annual PD Conference. This poster describes the goals of QB@CC project, progress in the first year and an update on the upcoming events.
Quantitative Biology at Community Colleges: Building a Community of Biology and Math Faculty to Develop and Disseminate Open Educational Resources
31 Aug 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Vedham Karpakakunjaram1, Kristin Jenkins2
1. Montgomery College 2. BioQUEST
This is a poster presented at the SABER West 2020 conference. We introduced the grant's goals and objectives, described the leadership team and disseminated the information about the first network...
An introduction to population matrix models: a swirl lesson
15 Jun 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Jennifer Apple
Students will learn how to set up a population matrix model in R and use it for demographic analysis of a population, including projecting population growth, determining lambda and the stable age...
15 Jun 2020 |
Posted by Maria-Veronica Ciocanel
A collection of ecology modules that are ready or adaptable for online learning.
Quantitative Biology at Community Colleges Network Meeting Code of Conduct
12 Nov 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Kristin Jenkins1, Vedham Karpakakunjaram2
1. BioQUEST 2. Montgomery College
Code of Conduct for the Quantitative Biology at Community Colleges (QBCC) Network Meeting in February 2020
May 30 2019
Quantitative Biology at Community College (a NIMBioS working group)
Interdisciplinary biology education: a holistic approach to an intractable problem
21 May 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Kristin Jenkins
Presentation on interdisciplinary biology education at the 2019 Great Lakes Bioinformatics Conference
15 May 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
Infectious Chocolate Joy with a Side of Poissonian Statistics: An activity connecting life science students with subtle physics concepts
04 Jan 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Eric T. Holland1, Greg Manley1, Tamara Chiba1, Rona Ramos1, Simon Mochrie1, Jennifer Frederick1
Lesson on what it means for biological processes to be Poissonian, published in CourseSource
Thomas Sebastian Nuhse
Introductory Science and Mathematics Education for 21st-Century Biologists
20 Oct 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By William Bialek1, David Botstein2
1. Department of Physics, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA., Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA. 2. Department of Molecular Biology, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA., Lewis-Sigler Institute for Integrative Genomics, Princeton University, Princeton, NJ 08544, USA.
A unified introductory science curriculum that fully incorporates mathematics and quantitative thinking aimed to incorporate biology into the traditional quantitative cultures that have come to...
Robert F Smith
Geoscience Methods and Resources for K-5 Pre-Education Majors
28 May 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By James Burton Deemy
College of Coastal Georgia
: Exploring Geoscience Methods was an excellent capstone experience for Elementary Education Majors. The class I used this module with was 24 students of various backgrounds and academic...
2015 Quantitative Biology Education Summit
03 Jan 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Kristin Jenkins1, Sam S Donovan2, Tanya Dewey3, Tom Gower4, Drew LaMar5
1. BioQUEST 2. University of Pittsburgh 3. Colorado State University and the Animal Diversity Web (animaldiversity.org) 4. North Carolina State University 5. College of William and Mary
Abstract for a meeting, 2015 Quantitative Biology Education Summit.