NEON Data Education Fellows
Faculty Mentoring Network
The National Ecological Observatory Network (NEON) and the Quantitative Undergraduate Biology Education and Synthesis project (QUBES) are pleased to offer networking and professional development opportunities through this Faculty Mentoring Network for faculty interested in implementing or adapting existing NEON teaching materials to their educational settings. Faculty who already teach using NEON data and would like to use the FMN to improve and transition it to an open educational resource are also invited to participate. More information on NEON educational materials can be found on the Teaching Resources page.
More information on educational resources using NEON data can be found on the NEON QUBESHub page.
Applications for Spring 2019 are now open & due on 14 December 2018.
Please see the Application page for more information.
- Participants will implement at least one NEON data-centered activity with their students during the semester
- Attend 1-hr online meetings twice per month during the semester (spring: January-May, fall: August-December; day/time of meeting will be determined by participant schedules)
- Participate in review and feedback of FMN colleagues' materials
- Contribute modifications or new content for posting on QUBESHub and with NEON
Benefits of participation:
- Co-authorship/Contributor: Participants will be listed as authors on the material where they make significant contributions on the NEON website.
- Classroom ready data-centered activities: Leave this FMN with several data-centered activities that have been tested and revised in the classroom.
- Publication: Participants who develop unique educational materials are encouraged to submit their materials to an educational journal such as Teaching Issues and Experiments in Ecology (TIEE), CourseSource, or similar publication.
- NEON Data Education Fellow recognition: All participants who submit improvements or new content for publication with QUBES will be recognized as NEON Data Education Fellows.
Sign up for the QUBES Newsletter (see page footer) to stay informed about upcoming FMN opportunities across QUBES!
More Information and Questions:
Questions? Please contact Megan Jones (mjones01@BattelleEcology.org).