Instructor Guide and Homework Handout for a brief lesson on frequency-dependent selection, combined with a Scientist Spotlight of Dr. Swanne Gordon.
Designed for a lower division general biology lecture course that may be be online or live and has 1000+ students.
Quantitative learning objective
- Interpret bar plots representing data on evolutionary fitness in multiple experimental populations
- Reconcile data on single-generation fitness with long-term predictions about a population’s evolution
Content learning objective
- Use data to identify the type(s) of selection that might be occurring in a natural system.
- Contrast different types of data that can be gathered in an experimental evolution study
Social justice learning objectives
- Increase students’ potential vision of future self as a scientist
- Increase students’ relatability to scientists
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: