Exploring Interdisciplinary Professional Development Opportunities through the Quantitative Biology at Community Colleges QB@CC Project
19 Jul 2022 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Irene Corriette1, Sheela Vemu2
1. Santa Fe College 2. Waubonsee Community College - Tenure Track and Northern Illinois University
The Quantitative Biology at Community Colleges (QB@CC) project provides a platform for open education resource (OER) development. Biology and mathematics faculty collaborate, create, and publish...
An Active Learning Workshop to Teach Active Learning Strategies
23 Nov 2021 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Eva Y. Ma1, Karen Freisem2, Salwa Al-Noori3, Elaine R. Klein4, Rebecca M. Price*3
1. University of Washington Tacoma 2. University of Washington 3. University of Washington Bothell 4. Educurious Partners
College instructors who learn how to teach actively at the beginning of their careers do not have to modify deeply set habits that rely on lectures. Instead, they develop their teaching while they...
Training future faculty in 30 minutes a week: A modular framework to provide just-in-time professional development to graduate teaching assistants
29 Aug 2021 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Lorelei Elizabeth Patrick*†1, E. William Wischusen2
1. Louisiana State University and University of Minnesota 2. Louisiana State University
Despite increasing recognition of the need to train the teaching assistants (TAs) teaching the majority of STEM lab sections, very few programs report offering sustained teaching professional...
Built-in Flexibility: Lessons learned to engage your community virtually
10 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Andrew Osborne Hasley1, Hayley Orndorf2, Deborah Rook1
1. BioQUEST 2. University of Pittsburgh
Materials and resources for "Built-in Flexibility," an episode of the webinar series, "Adapting to COVID-19: Resources for Natural History Collections in a New Virtual World."
07 Dec 2020 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
UDL of the Day: Introducing Faculty to Universal Design for Learning through Case Activities
09 Oct 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Andrew Osborne Hasley1, Hayley Orndorf2
1. University of Wisconsin - Madison 2. University of Pittsburgh
Presentation by BioQUEST on providing Universal Design for Learning professional development, given at the Octboer 2019 UDL-HE Digicon
Successful Strategies for Promoting Change in Undergraduate Biology Departments
06 Aug 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By C. Gary Reiness1, Gita Bangera2, Claire Bronson3, Steve Byers4, Bill Davis5, Alyce DeMarais6, Ginger Fitzhugh7, Christine Goedhart8, Nalani Linder9, Carrie Liston7, Jenny McFarland10, Erika Offerdahl5, Joann Otto11, Carol Pollock8, Pamela Pape-Lindstrom12, Stas Stavrianeas13
1. Lewis & Clark College 2. Bellevue College 3. Viz-Spark 4. Helping Human Systems 5. Washington State University 6. University of Puget Sound 7. Education Development Center 8. University of British Columbia 9. NP Linder Consulting 10. Edmonds Community College 11. Western Washington University 12. Harford Community College 13. Willamette University
Poster on PULSE workshops presented at the 2019 BioQUEST & QUBES Summer Workshop
Faculty Mentoring Networks for Botany Faculty Professional Development
23 Jul 2019 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By J. Phil Gibson
University of Oklahoma
Poster presented at the 2019 Botanical Society of America conference.
Faculty professional development in quantitative biology promotes scholarly teaching
09 May 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Gabriela Hamerlinck1, Kevin Kidder, Sondra Marie LoRe2, Pam Bishop3, Kristin Jenkins4, Sam S Donovan5
1. QUBES, BioQUEST 2. National Institute for STEM Evaluation & Research (NISER) 3. National Institute for STEM Evaluation and Research 4. BioQUEST 5. University of Pittsburgh
Poster presented at NABT 2017 in St. Louis, Missouri
QUBES: a community focused on supporting teaching and learning in quantitative biology
02 Jan 2018 | Teaching Materials | Contributor(s):
By Sam S Donovan1, Carrie Diaz Eaton2, Tom Gower3, Kristin Jenkins4, Drew LaMar5, DorothyBelle Poli6, Bob Sheehy7, Jeremy M Wojdak7
1. University of Pittsburgh 2. Unity College 3. North Carolina State University 4. BioQUEST 5. College of William and Mary 6. Roanoke College 7. Radford University
This letter provides an overview of the Quantitative Undergraduate Biology Education and Synthesis (QUBES) Project funded through the National Science Foundation.