Past SCUDEM Events
SIMIODE has been holding SCUDEM Challenges since 2017.
Originally, the Challenge was to occur locally with students working for a week on their models at their home institution, creating a one page summary and presentation, then meeting together with other nearby teams. During the in-person meeting, teams would expand their model in response to a posed “on the spot” additional consideration and then present their work in a talk given to the faculty and coaches in attendance.
With the COVID pandemic, we shifted to create a way for student teams to collaborate virtually and prepare video presentations for judging. We are keeping this format in order to enable both local teams and teams created from students and coaches in different geographic regions to enjoy SCUDEM.
Details about each year’s challenge and results:
- SCUDEM VII 2022 Information and Results
- SCUDEM VI 2021 Information and Results
- SCUDEM V 2020 Information and Results
- SCUDEM Lite 2020 Information and Results
- SCUDEM IV 2019 Information, Host Sites, and Results
- SCUDEM III 2018 Information, Host Sites, and Results
- SCUDEM II 2018 Information, Host Sites, and Results
- SCUDEM I 2017 Information and Results